The Smithfield Times earns 11 awards from VPA
The Smithfield Times earned several awards in the Virginia Press Association’s annual contest in news and advertising.
The awards were announced through a virtual ceremony April 29. The program was held virtually for the second year in a row due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It’s gratifying to see our journalists’ and advertising professionals’ work recognized by their peers as among the best in Virginia,” said Publisher Steve Stewart.
The Smithfield Times competes in the VPA’s Non-Daily 2 category against other non-daily papers throughout the state that have total circulation between 2,300 and 4,999.
The awards were judged by journalists and advertising professionals from the Maryland, Delaware and D.C. Press Association.
Below are the awards won by staff of The Smithfield Times:
- Video — Nate Delesline III
- Professional Services Advertising (excluding medical/healthcare) — Lindsay Richardson
- Special Sections or Special Editions — Jen Jaqua, Steve Stewart, Tracy Agnew, Nate Delesline III
- Feature Photo — Diana McFarland
- General News Photo — Stephen Faleski
- Personality or Portrait Photo — Nate Delesline III
- Business and Financial Writing — Stephen Faleski
- Education Writing — Stephen Faleski
- Personality or Portrait Photo — Diana McFarland
- Pictorial Photo — Nate Delesline III
- Sports Writing Portfolio — Nate Delesline III