Time for change on Town Council
Editor, The Smithfield Times:
When government officials ignore the will of the people they were elected to represent, there needs to be change. Fortunately, we have that way by removing those individuals at the next election.
The comprehensive plan was developed to ensure that Smithfield remained a unique rural town and that the character of the town and surrounding area could not be changed by unrelenting developers. All those who voted to ignore the comprehensive plan in favor of creating another overdeveloped Virginia Beach need to be voted out at the next election. Hopefully, there will be folks who are willing to run for town council with an attitude that they are being elected to serve the people and not the other way around.
John Edwards’ opinion piece in last week’s Smithfield Times discussed reasons that our country may be in trouble (“Hoping Americans ‘do the right thing,’ as Churchill said we would”). He was right about that, but not because of the last election. Our country is in trouble for the following reasons:
- The government trying to censor and limit free speech. By using big tech and the mainstream media to stop “misinformation”, anything that doesn’t agree with their narrative, they can limit any opposition to their control.
- The open border policy. Allowing millions of illegal aliens into our country and then secretly moving them to the interior of the country.
- The push to relax election laws so there is no accountability as to who is voting.
- Paying people to not work so that they become more and more dependent on the federal government.
- Destruction of the nuclear family by changing the definitions of marriage and eliminating any differences between the sexes.
- Indoctrination of schoolchildren. Teaching them to hate this country, that it was founded on slavery instead of Judeo-Christian values.
- Demonizing police and law and order in order to keep the cities and races in turmoil.
Taken together, these constitute the left-wing Marxist agenda that is the real danger to our country.